Ecological Passport in St. Petersburg
The federal law "On Environmental Protection" referred to powers of territorial subjects of the Russian Federation also ecological certification of territories. In St. Petersburg this public function is implemented by creation and conducting the state information system in the sphere of environmental protection and environmental management "Ecological passport of St. Petersburg" (hereinafter – the System).
First of all, the System is intended for storage and representation to executive bodies of the government of St. Petersburg, local governments of St. Petersburg, organizations and citizens of information it contains in the sphere of environmental protection and management. Other fields of its application are:
- assessment and forecast of changes of environmental state under the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors;
- evaluation of the impact that economic and other activity has on the environment;
- information support of the state environmental control exercised by executive bodies of the government of St. Petersburg, regional state control and supervision of use and protection of water objects;
- information support of the state environmental assessment of objects of regional level;
- accounting of objects and sources having negative impact on the environment;
- informing the citizens on environmental state in St. Petersburg.
In order to minimize the labor intensity and costs on maintenance of the System in a current state due to use of the spatial data and databases formed in executive bodies of the government of St. Petersburg and the enterprises and institutions subordinated to them, information exchange is organized by means of which replenishment of the System database is carried out. For automation of cartographical data provision, the exchange is conducted via the Web service.
The possibility is now under development to use these geoinformation layers for placement on the www.infoeco.ru portal as a part of the cartographical service providing information on water objects in St. Petersburg to municipal units the city.